Your Cookstown dentist should assure you that strong, healthy teeth can and should last a lifetime. Give your teeth the best possible chance of maintaining their beauty and function with not only regular cleanings and checkups but advanced on-site options such as Crowns, TMJ treatment, dental implants, dental bridges – as well as non-surgical gum treatment available with Dentist Dr Jesse Chai and his friendly staff.
Being a Greater Cookstown area family dentist with an interest in cosmetic dentistry is an ever-evolving field of study, in which Dr. Chai has invested himself as an ongoing student. Dr. Chai routinely attends dental seminars and conferences to ensure he remains at the forefront of the dental profession; not to mention continuing education and re-training for all our team members.
Technology At Our Clinic:
- Digital x-rays (touted as 70% less radiation than traditional methods) “zooming” capability! – image can be expanded to see anything hidden
- Cerec 3D CAD/CAM technology – this cutting-edge technology allows us to create durable long-lasting restorations like Crowns, Veneers, Inlays and Onlays from Porcelain or hard resin. We can restore or bring back to function any damaged teeth all within a single visit.
- Intraoral camera – unique camera that allows us to take close-up pictures of your teeth, and aids in diagnoses. In addition, it often helps with patient understanding of their problems and helps address insurance inquiries and help us document our findings as well.
- The Wand – this is a small computerized lightweight pen-sized hand-piece and is an unique option to deliver the numbing agent when “freezing” your teeth. This allows us to numb your teeth in an almost “painless” and more relaxing manner.
- Velscope – This non-invasive oral cancer screening – it can actually pick up abnormal tissue BEFORE a patient can detect a cancerous or suspicious lesion with the naked eye, and has been approved by the World Health Organization. It’snot just the smokers that get it – 2 people die every day in Canada from mouth Cancer. The rate of young women getting Oral cancer is on the rise, and almost everyone can be at risk. The prevalence of Oral cancer is higher than Ovarian cancer. We are happy to offer this service to our patients.
- Ultrasound – not just for pregnancies, we use it in the treatment of muscle inflammation and is offered to our TMD and headache patients to reduce their pain (and they seem very grateful, see our feedback page).
- T-scan – Instead of using the usual bite paper, a computerized bite paper is used to actually calculate which tooth is actually hitting first and how hard, and to save your time from coming back for tweaks. It allows for proper pinpoint adjustments and fine tunes complex bite issues. This is especially useful for full mouth cases where each component is new in the mouth.
Our friendly dental office’s environment is completely dedicated to providing you and your family with the utmost caliber of care, which you deserve. Satisfaction is always our benchmark and we strive to attain it in everything we do, in everything we are, and with the utmost attention to detail. We consistently research and use the latest equipment and techniques which help us achieve optimal results for you in the most comfortable way for our patients.
We will make every effort for your family’s visits as relaxing and pleasant as possible (watch a movie while we work!). Our clinic offers anxiety free dentistry techniques for your peace of mind. As you may understand that health issues can be related to dental issues and vice versa, we encourage a collaborative environment with you as active partners your dental care.
Should you have any questions about our Cookstown area dentist and dental clinic, it would be our pleasure to help answer your questions at 1-877-283-0497, and we can schedule you for a free no-obligation appointment to determine the best treatments for you and your family.