If you are missing one tooth or many teeth, dental implants might be the best solution for your future oral health. Dental implants offer the closest comparison to healthy, natural teeth. Nearly impossible to notice, the enjoyment of dental implants can be yours– including the comfort and convenience of a happy and healthy smile!
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into the jawbone, fusing it with the natural bone. It is permanent and secure, keeping the tooth (or teeth) in place.
Perks Of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are easy to maintain! While dental crowns or bridges will need to be replaced over time, a high-quality implant will last a lifetime.
- They are also easy to clean. Brushing and flossing in between the grooves of the implant is easy, allowing for optimal oral health.
- A dental implant doesn’t put any strain on the surrounding teeth, whereas a bridge will rely upon the support of the teeth close by.
The process of dental implants requires a healthy jaw bone. If this isn’t the case for you, a dental bridge will most likely be recommended.
We love this youtube video explaining the differences between crowns, implants, and bridges in greater detail!
Who Needs Dental Implants?
In general, there are three types of people for whom dental implants are made:
- People with missing teeth who want a permanent solution and don’t want to wear dentures.
- Those who currently wear dentures and have trouble eating, or have lost their sense of taste because of their dentures.
- Those people who are missing a single tooth, but want the most convenient, hygienic, and permanent replacement possible.
Where Does A Dental Crown Come In?
A dental crown is often used to protect a weak tooth (usually from decay) from breaking or to hold together a tooth that may be cracked. It is also used to support or cover a tooth that has a large filling and very little tooth structure left.
Smile With FREEDOM!
While dental implants are often intimidating, they are the closest option to natural, healthy teeth. Nearly unnoticeable once inserted, they are the perfect answer to the self-consciousness and inconvenience that all too frequently accompanies missing teeth.
Keep all the benefits of a healthy smile by learning more about dental implants today. Chew freely and smile freely, without pain!
The freedom and comfort of dental implants can be yours. Contact Bradford Family Dentistry today!
~Dr. Chai (a.k.a. Dr. Tooth!)