What makes a good choice for a Holland Landing Dentist? With the amount of dentists who specialize in certain fields of dentistry, it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly what to look out for when choosing the right dentist for you and your family in certain situations. From ortho-surgeons and orthodontics, to your local dentist, caring for your teeth may be overwhelming. Dentistry is the science and healing arts of your teeth, gums, and all aspects of the oral cavity, and dentists aid in prevention and treatment of oral diseases and conditions.
What to look for when choosing a Holland Landing Dentist
- your dentist should be knowledgeable, skilled and very experience in every procedure they perform
- they should be perceptive in what problems you may have and informative in every treatment option available to you today (even if they don’t offer it at their clinic)
- they should have good communication with you (and their staff), and great patient care skills, take time listening to your concerns and making sure you are doing ok frequently during procedures
- the clinic should be well organized, conduct follow-ups with patients, and have a friendly, caring staff
- they should be gentle with you and offer solutions if you tend to get anxious during procedures (such as offering Sedation Dentistry)
- the dental technology in the clinic should be up-to-date and the staff should be well trained on how to use it (no one feels confident about walking in to a dental clinic with outdated technology)
- they should be flexible with your schedule
Today most people visit a family or general dentist first. They focus on oral health and prevention of oral diseases and conditions. Orthodontists specialize in preventing and treating dental and facial irregularities. Endodontics deals with the tissues and nerves inside the tooth, and specializes in root canals. There are many other forms of dentistry including oral surgeons (the extraction of wisdom teeth) Prosthodontists (replacing teeth) etc.
Dentistry is a varied field with many skilled professionals trained in preventing dental decay and promoting the health of your teeth and gums. It is the prevention and treatment of dental diseases to uphold oral health, and make your teeth last a lifetime without pain & discomfort.
Bradford Family Dentistry offers a free no-obligation appointment to answer your questions about your family’s oral & overall health and we hope we’ll be your first choice of Holland Landing area dentists, please fill out our Appointment Request Form or call our Bradford clinic now at: 1-877-283-0497, and we’d be happy to show you how having the smile you’ve always dreamed of is just a phone call away!